- Starting playing badminton at Age 4.
- Entered his first tournament at age 9 and won 1st Jr. National title at the same age.
- Won 9 national double titles and 2 national single titles.
- Lived and trained at the Olympic National Training Center as a member of the 1989 U.S Junior National Team
- Played in 2 Pan-American Games.
- Coached at Bellevue Badminton Club the last 7 years.
- Played Professional Baseball for 17 yrs.
- Started his baseball career after getting drafted by the New York Mets in 1995
- Played in the Japan and Taiwan Professional Baseball Leagues.
- Hobbies: Spending time with family, Playing Badminton, Fishing, Golf.
- Playing / training / competing in badminton since 1993.
- Trained in Taiwan (Republic of China) from 2008 to 2012 with national and international level coaches.
- Coaching all levels of players, junior and adult, at three major badminton clubs in the Seattle area since 2012.
- Traveled with and coached, junior players at USAB tournaments, and in Canada.
- Currently hold USAB High Performance Level 1 (HP-1) coaching certificate.
- Current USAB membership, Background Check, and Safe Sport certificate.
- Familiarity with other sports - tennis, fencing and martial arts.
- Nihal started playing badminton at the age of 10 in India but started training formally and seriously at
the age of 12 in Bellevue.
- He is currently a USAB junior athlete, competing in several national level tournaments across the country.
- He has been coaching students as a junior coach for 2 years.
- Nihal is studying at the University of Washington, Seattle, while continuing his passion for badminton.His hobbies include listening to music, working out, and spending time on his laptop.
- Junior Career Highlights:
U19 Highest Singles Ranking: 15
U19 Highest Doubles Ranking: 21
2018 US Junior Nationals: 7 th place U19 Boys Singles
2017 US Junior Nationals: 7 th place U17 Boys Doubles
2019 Northwest Open Regional: 5-8 th U19 Boys Doubles
2018 SBC Closed Regional: 2 nd place U19 Boys Doubles